Hey, everyone.
Here goes 2009.
Standing at the apartments in town, listening to the coundown party in Marina,
While the tv was amplifying the noise from the scene,
Made me think of the year 09' as a whole.
I've never really had a problem of letting things pass,
But this time, i just couldn't let 09' go.
I really, really clinged onto 2009 tight. I just didn't want 09' to pass.
There were just...too many things that happened this year that i couldn't let go of.
Then came the countdown.
Inside me, i was just screaming, "no, no, no, no, no" to every second that passed us on to 2010.
Then came the new year. It felt like someone had just passed away.
I thought to myself: "2009 just passed with a countdown. Nothing more."
2009 was just made up of time. Minutes, hours, seconds, whatever.
There's moments within 2009 that i cannot let go of.
Oh well.
Nonetheless,
I've just got to tell myself that it's 2010 now. I can't stop time anyway.
It's time to start remembering to end my dates with 10' instead of 09'.
It's time to start reminding my mom not to tear the wrong years on her carpark coupons.
It's time to...get ready to move on.
Lastly, it's time to redo a 2009.
Except, i've got to do it much better.
If not, i'll just be living in 2009 again, isn't it.
I've not really planned out a resolution yet.
Well, due to the fact that i've not really been wanting 2010 to come.
But i know one thing for sure already.
It's not a resolution. It's a promise that should be kept no matter what the year or time.
I've really got to be a better boyfriend.
I've just got to keep getting better and better.
The cynics will tell me there's no point.
The realists will nag at me about school.
I get it, don't worry.
I'll love her more, i'll take care of her better.
Yet i'll manage myself. So don't you worry.
Especially you, dear.
You have my word.
Murder
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment